This page is meant to be used as a reference to the many tools that are coming out or have been out to analyze Apple’s iOS based devices: iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Some of these tools will analyze the original iPod family as well. Please email us with any of your suggestions to keep this list complete.
- BlackLight (Mac and Windows based)
- Mobilyze (Mac and Windows based)
- Elcomsoft Phone Password Breaker (Windows based)
- Elcomsoft iOS Forensic Toolkit 1.0.5 (Mac and Windows based)
- Cellebrite (Windows based)
- AccessData Forensic Toolkit v3 (Windows based)
- Oxygen Forensic Suite (Windows based)
- iXAMiner (Windows based)
- Lantern (Mac based)
- iPhone Backup Analyzer 2 (Multi-platform python)
- iPhone Explorer - Macroplant has developed a free application that is able to look at the folder structure of an iOS device. This tool is read/write so consider this when using it to explore any data.
- iphonedisk - MacFUSE based filesystem allowing for read/write access to the user partition. Limited access unless iOS device is ‘jailbroken’.